1.5.16

The Leather Fetish



From L to R: Charisma Leather Jacket by Sheike, Suede Biker Jacket by TopShop, Leather Biker by Witchery, Washed Leather Biker by TopShop, Holland Jacket by Kookai


While I was overseas I had my leather jacket with me everywhere, and I mean everywhere. It was mainly due to it being the only jacket that I had brought along with me and it did cause a problem because it was winter in Hong Kong! Nonetheless, it was my trusty jacket and I honestly loved it to pieces. 

I didn't lose it overseas, I lost it when I arrived home! 

I'm a little devastated even though it was months ago but I've been on the hunt for a new jacket ever since. 

Here are my top 5 pieces right now. 

My ultimate pick from the 5 is definitely the Charisma Leather Jacket from Sheike because of the texture of the leather, the gold and the belt along the bottom. I'm a gold lover compared to silver because it adds a little something against the black. The runner up is the Suede Biker Jacket from TopShop. I actually tried the jacket on and I fell in love with the texture. I hadn't ever liked a suede jacket before but the biker look fuels the tomboy inside me. 

And it's not a coincidence that all the jackets I have picked have the biker look. Each one has something that I like: the zips everywhere especially on the sleeves, the buttons, the texture, and the quilt pattern on the sleeves. The one that isn't like the rest is the Kookai jacket and the reason is because of the draping. It has the futuristic 'Ghost in the Shell' vibe closed and when it's opened, it drapes across giving an effortless effort. I like biker jackets because when it comes to styling, it can be casual or dressed up. I think it adds that little touch of chic to any outfit. I loved wearing it to uni in the early mornings with a heavy scarf and it would be perfect in winter. I loved pairing my jacket with skirts and dresses to tone down my outfit and to give it a chic look. 

Hopefully I'll be able to show you ways I style a biker jacket and hopefully add more to my leather collection! 

Stay beautiful. 

Mon x 

No comments:

Post a Comment